Tuesday, August 3, 2010


I was born October 15, 1844 under the name Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche to Karl Ludwig Nietzsche and Franziska Nietzsche. In 1849 my father died of a brain tumor at age 36. Later in 1864 I wrote Uber Stimmungen. Later that year I graduated from Pforta and enrolled as a student of theology and philology at the University of Bonn. At the start of the second semester in the year 1865, I changed my major to philology. After this I was forced to begin my year of military service in 1867. While there I was promoted to lance corporal but unfortunately had an accident while riding my horse. I then left the service and was appointed professor of classical philology at the University of Basel in 1869. That same year I began writing The Birth of Tragedy. After that I served as a volunteer medical orderly in the Franco-Prussian war in 1870. Then from 1876 through 1878 I wrote the first part of my soon to be famous work Human, All Too Human. That same year I sent a manuscript of Human, All Too Human to my publisher who then published it. The next year The Wanderer and His Shadow was published. Soon after in 1881 Dawn was published upon me leaving Genoa. That winter of 1881 I began writing The Joyful Science which I later finished in 1882. The next year, 1883, I began writing Thus Spoke Zarathustra in Rapallo. I wrote Part 2 of Thus Spoke Zarathustra in Sils-Maria. Then I completed Thus Spoke Zarathustra, part three in 1884. Finally, I completed Thus Spoke Zarathustra Part IV and published it in 1885. In 1886 I published another one of my great works, Beyond Good and Evil. After that in 1888 I wrote The Case of Wagner, Dionysus Dithyrambs, Twilight of the Idols, The antichrist, Ecce Homo and Nietzsche contra Wagner: Out of the Files of a Psychologist. Unfortunately, this was the last time I would write for I slid into insanity in 1889 and died in 1900.

No comments:

Post a Comment